Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sit Still

My Grandmother, Elizabeth Shines (RIP), told me as a child there was "an art to sitting down and being quiet." When I was young I used to believe she said that because of how energetic I was, and how I was constantly running around. By the time I became a grown man, I had learned to sit and enjoy the quiet and stillness associated with simply existing. With the current addiction to visual and mental stimulation most of us suffer from, this is a dying art. However it is extreemly important for mental clarity and the ability to "hear God speak."

The first step in hearing God...is silencing the world around you. Far to many times we look and listen to others with the hope of finding inspiration, or hearing a divine message... I have come to know, understand, and accept that it is in the recesses of my mind, when I am alone and motionless...is where I hear God speaking.... Once you find HIM within yourself, you will understand the true nature of the power that resides within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment