Sunday, January 1, 2012

No excuses in 2012

Its 2012! Time to let the past be the past and create a beautiful future.  It’s time to take back control of your body mind and soul. How many times have you looked at old pictures when you were in better shape and said, “Wow I look good…I wish I could get back in shape like that”... My question is why can’t you? Most people create excuses like, “I don’t have time”, “I’m predisposed to be like this”, “That’s just not possible at my age”, and the list goes on and on. What people don’t understand is that instead of making big changes that last for a short period of time, make small changes that will last for longer periods of time. Getting back in shape is a marathon not a sprint. Start by doing simple things like eating out less, cutting out sodas and artificially sweetened drinks, drinking the recommended minimum 64oz of water, or adding some simple cardiovascular exercise to your daily routine. In this world there are so many aspects of our lives that are out of our control, however our personal fitness and the fitness of our families is not. Your physical shape is nobody’s responsibility but yours. So start out 2012 right…remember a healthy body will help create and maintain a healthy mind and in turn will nurture ones struggling soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment