Saturday, January 7, 2012

Mothers: The Strongest Role Models

It is said, a man’s mother is his first love. From her and the treatment he witnesses determines the extent of respect he holds for women in general. Some may disagree, but when you’ve been blessed with a strong, loving, thoughtful mother, I believe that statement holds true.
I have been blessed to have a mother that is wonderful role model and friend. A woman that has always believed in me, patted me on my back when I was right, and told me honestly when I was wrong. She’s always been a woman of prayer. I remember when I was 12 and first became sick. Doctors had no idea what was wrong with me. My grades fell and I was getting in trouble. I lost weight and looked sick. Most people thought I was on drugs or was just acting out labeling me a troubled youth. Not Momma, she told me, “Baby I know there is something wrong, but this is in God’s hands.” I would walk past her door at night and she would be on her knees praying. After a year of going to see doctors and psychologists, and having every possible test done on me, we found out I had an extremely hyperactive Thyroid. When my mother and I left the doctor’s office and had gotten back in the car, my mother started to cry. As I watched her cry and say “Thank you Lord”, the love I saw in her eyes was immeasurable. A mother’s love is different than any other.
Good mothers sits up with you on long nights when you’re sick. They teach you how to treat a woman by the treatment they allow of themselves. They teach you to respect others, and how to conduct yourself in different situations just by watching them on a daily basis. Mothers don’t judge you, they correct you. Mothers are the most important part of the family circle. They are the glue that holds the family ship together.
My mother is a beautiful, intelligent, God-fearing woman. I thank her for all the laughs, talks, discipline, and most importantly love. When I have tears in my eye, her embrace comforts me like I’m touching an Angel. My mother has always had a way of making me feel like everything is going to be ok.
Women I hope you realize the power you possess to mold the mind, heart, and spirits of your children. Don’t just tell them to do the right things, be the model of the right things you speak of. Be strong and show them how to respect people and make them respect you. Always remember honesty is the key. Don’t be bias or jaded when dealing with your children because when it all boils down, all they have is you as a guide.
Happy Birthday Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment