Saturday, January 21, 2012

Dear Hope

Writing is my mental therapy. Writing allows me to express feelings that I would otherwise internalize. Here is a short poem I wrote to “Hope.” As the British clergyman and author Thomas Fuller stated, "If it were not for hopes, the heart would break."

Dear Hope,
Thank you for allowing me to cope.
The world has been abusive
You can see the hand prints,
That were left on my throat.
Some days I thought I’d suffocate,
These last 4 years were no joke,
And the beast in me became addicted to anger… like it was dope,
I ingested the love I had invested in lies,
No tears dripped down
Saw only blood when I cried,
My hair is knotty… beard is growing… Tattoos everywhere,
I’m physically intimidating with the stench of Green in the air,
I’ll hold on to you Hope, because nothing else is there,
Floating toward happiness …as I swim through despair.
So either run with me or get ran over,
Hoping God will order my steps as I continue to get older,
I’m not void of sin but my undying friend,
Told me to be patient, and he’ll meet me in the end.
-          Angel in The darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment